Saturday, January 27, 2007

Republic Day Parade


Republic day parade (RD Parade) has been a dream to attend during my school and college days. I even reached the south zone level of RD parade selection during my college days, but had to turn back because some gentleman in teh selection committee said only one from a university can be selected and my friend Bala was selected.

So I thought I should atleast see the parade once when I am in Delhi. Here was the opportunity for as I am in Delhi during this years RD parade. we were required to buy tickets for the parade, which due to my laziness and my friend's busy schedule at work we could not buy.But we thought we will find a way to see the parade at any cost.

So we both started at around 6AM to Rajpath, we reach there far ahead of time and get through the security checks and reach a place near the India Gate, only to find that the view from this place will not be good, so then we started out in search of a better place, then get this place on the Rajpath, we walk through the few more rings of security checks and find a place on the ground to sit and see the parade.

The parade was awesome, far more interesting than all those many parades that i have seen on TV, one thing that made the day was the diaplay by IAF fighters, amazing display of the strength to the people gathered there.

26th Jan 2007 will always be the most memorable day in my life

No comments: